Problems and Prospects of Cross-Border Cooperation in Ukraine
The purpose of the article is to analyze the current state of cross-border cooperation in Ukraine, characterize the main problems and outline the prospects for its development.
The article considers the importance of cross-border cooperation for Ukraine, which consists in the possibility of solving common economic, cultural and environmental problems with the border regions of neighboring countries, attracting foreign capital, creating new jobs, equalizing territorial disparities in development.
The history of formation of cross-border cooperation in the country is analyzed. It was found that the first Euroregion in Ukraine, the Carpathian one, was established in 1993, and in 1996 Ukraine became a member of the Tacis CBC Cross-Border Cooperation Program.
The composition of the legal framework for the regulation of cross-border cooperation is studied, the conclusion is made about the declarative nature of state programs for its development.
The problems hindering the development of cross-border cooperation in Ukraine are described. The main ones are the following: insufficient financial support for the implementation of cross-border cooperation projects and programs; insufficient level of project management quality at the level of subjects and participants of cross-border cooperation; inefficient use of borrowed funds; lack of official statistical information in the field of cross-border cooperation.
Perspective directions of development of cross-border cooperation in Ukraine are outlined, among which it is necessary to allocate: creation of the uniform scientifically substantiated concept of cross-border cooperation of Ukraine with the EU member states which would consider the general European and national priorities; developing a clear mechanism for raising funds at the national level to ensure cross-border cooperation programs; improving existing mechanisms for obtaining and using EU technical assistance; intensification of formation and development of cross-border clusters.
2. Markovych V. V. (2017). Sotsialno-ekonomichna efektyvnist transkordonnoho spivrobitnytstva Ukrainy v umovakh yevropeiskoi intehratsii [The socio-economic effectiveness of the cross-border cooperation of Ukraine in the context of European integration]. PhD thesis. Lviv [in Ukrainian].
3. Artiomov I. V. (Ed.) (2012). Transkordonne spivrobitnytstvo Ukrainy: stan, problemy, perspektyvy [The trans-border cooperation of Ukraine: performance, problems, prospects]. Uzhhorod: Transcarpathian State University [in Ukrainian].
4. (2021) Rezultaty monitorynhu sotsialno-ekonomichnoho rozvytku rehioniv za sichen-hruden 2020 roku [Results of the monitoring of the socio-economic development of the regions in January-December 2020]. Kyiv: Ukrainian Ministry for Development of Communities and Territories. Retrieved from https://www.minregion.gov.ua [in Ukrainian].
5. Riven zainiatosti naselennia za rehionamy. Statystychna informatsiia Derzhavnoi sluzhby statystyky Ukrainy [The employment by region. Statistical information of the State Statistics Service of Ukraine]. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/ [in Ukrainian].
6. Plan dii “Ukraina – Yevropeiskyi Soiuz”. Mizhnarodnyi dokument vid 12.02.2005 r. No 994_693 [Action Plan “Ukraine – European Union”, International document from 12.02.2005 No 994_693]. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/994_693 [in Ukrainian].
7. Uhoda pro asotsiatsiiu mizh Ukrainoiu, z odniiei storony, ta Yevropeiskym Soiuzom, Yevropeiskym spivtovarystvom z atomnoi enerhii i yikhnimy derzhavamy-chlenamy, z inshoi storony vid 27.06.2014 r. № 984_11 [Association Agreement between Ukraine, of the one part, and the European Union, the European Atomic Energy Community, and its Member States, on the other part, from 27.06.2014 No 984_11]. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/984_011 [in Ukrainian].
8. Katsal I. (2019). Perevirka vytrat za proektamy v mezhakh prohram transkordonnoho spivrobitnytstva: zahalnyi kontsept i praktychni rekomendatsii [Verification of project costs within trans-border cooperation programs: general concept and practical recommendations]. Visnyk MSFZ – Bulletin of MSFZ, 8. Retrieved from https://msfz.ligazakon.ua/ua/magazine_article/FZ001945 [in Ukrainian].
9. Motuzka O., and Parkhomenko V. (2018). The Socio-Economic Development of Cross-Border Territories: Statistical Monitoring. Statistics of Ukraine, 1, 61–67.
10. Pro zatverdzhennia Derzhavnoi prohramy rozvytku transkordonnoho spivrobitnytstva na 2021–2027 roky: Postanova KMU vid 14.04.2021 r. No 408 [Approval of the State Program for the Development of Cross-Border Cooperation: Directive of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine from 14.04.2021 No 408]. Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/408-2021-п [in Ukrainian].
11. Kuibida V. S., Tkachuk A. F., and Tolkovanov V. V. (Eds.) (2009). Transkordonne spivrobitnytstvo ta rozvytok transkordonnykh klasteriv [Cross-border cooperation and development of cross-border clusters]. Kyiv: Publishing house “Kramar” [in Ukrainian].
Abstract views: 2 PDF Downloads: 3
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.