Ecological Marketing: A Component in the System of the Social Responsibility of Business
The article’s objective is to investigate using of environmental marketing in marketing strategies at company level through creating the concept of social responsibility of business, which has the social character and global implications, because the problems related with breaking environmental balance by production activities in a region or country have anthropogenic consequences for the whole world.
Environmental technologies have been widely used in marketing strategies of companies, with large numbers of well known companies and corporations taking advantage of environmental or “green” marketing. But in Ukraine this trend is still at the early phase due to difficult social, economic and political conditions. Data is provided about the number of polluting companies on the Ukrainian territory, giving evidence of bad climate for investors that otherwise might invest in resource saving and environmentally friendly production technologies. Even the notions of “environmental economy” or “green economy” are new to Ukraine and not found in the official documents, although the strategic goals of economic development, outlined in Ukraine for the forthcoming 10 to 12 years, have something common with the objectives to transition to “green” economy. Yet, a change has already visible in the creation of a new “green movement”, a public association propagating environmental modernization of companies and standing for preservation of environment in region, city or village. In view of the above, using of environmental marketing is investigated by case of companies operating on consumer markets of Ukraine. The analysis of marketing activities of companies in promoting environmental innovation shows that it has good chances for further expansion. The study demonstrates that the environmental awareness of the population is growing, with some individuals displaying higher concern with preservation of own health and the environment, and these expectations can be met by the market of environmental goods, which is turning into a highly competitive and attractive niche.
2. Eko-markuvannia ta tsili hlobalnoho staloho rozvytku [Eco-labeling and Global Sustainable Development Goals]. Ministry of Energy and Environmental Protection of Ukraine, 2018. Retrieved from https://menr.gov.ua/news/32686.html [in Ukrainian].
3. Andrusevich А., Andrusevich Т., Kozak Z., Khomyak O. (2014). Do zelenoho zrostannia: monitorynh prohresu v Ukraini [Towards green growth: monitoring progress in Ukraine]. Lviv [in Ukrainian].
4. Berzin S. (2015). Eko + Eksport, abo v nohu z svitovymy tendentsiiamy [Eco + Export, or keeping up with global trends]. Dilovyi visnyk – Business Bulletin, 4, 26–28 [in Ukrainian].
5. Zinovchuk N., Rashchenko A. (2015). Ekolohichnyi marketynh [Environmental marketing]. Zhytomyr: Zhymomyr Ivan Franko State University [in Ukrainian].
6. Orhanizatsiia Obiednanykh Natsii v Ukraini: tsili staloho rozvytku [United Nations Ukraine: Sustainable Development Goals]. Retrieved from http://www.un.org.ua/en/tsili-rozvytku-tysiacholittia[in Ukrainian].
7. Zvonar V. (2018). Sotsialna vidpovidalnist yak sotsialno-ekonomichne yavyshche: teoriia ta ukrainski realii [Social responsibility as a socioeconomic phenomenon: theory and Ukrainian realities]. Kyiv: Ptukha Institute of Demography and Social Research, NAS of Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
8. TOP-100 naibilshykh zabrudniuiuchykh pidpryiemstv [TOP-100 Largest Pollutant Enterprises]. Ministry of Energy and Environmental Protection of Ukraine, 2019. Retrieved from https://menr.gov.ua/news/34251.html [in Ukrainian].
9. Latysheva O. (2018). Ekolohichni investytsii: suchasnyi stan ta perspektyvy yikh vprovadzhennia v Ukraini dlia zabezpechennia staloho rozvytku derzhavy [Environmental investments: current state and prospects of their implementation in Ukraine for ensuring sustainable development of the state]. Ekonomichnyi visnyk Donbasu – Economic bulletin of Donbas, 1, 59–65 [in Ukrainian].
10. IV Vseukrayinskyi ECOFORUM – 2019 ekolohiv pidpryyemstv “ECOBUSINESS v Ukrayini – 2019” [The fourth All-Ukrainian ECOFORUM – 2019 “Ecologists of ECOBUSINESS in Ukraine – 2019”] ECOBUSINESS. Ekolohiya pidpryyemstva – ECOBUSINESS. The ecology of an enterprise. Retrieved from http://ecolog-ua.com/events/iv-vseukrayinskyy-ecoforum-2019-ekologiv-pidpryyemstv-ecobusiness-v-ukrayini-2019 [in Ukrainian].
11. EKO-MARAFON: Green Business Ukraine [EKO-MARATHON: Green Business Ukraine]. The Council of Entrepreneurs at the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, 2019. Retrieved from http://www.sula.com.ua/ [in Ukrainian].
Abstract views: 237 PDF Downloads: 117
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.