Analysis of the Impact of the Internet of Things Technology on the Development of the Transport and Logistics Market
Internet of Things (IoT) is becoming a technology of great importance in the current era of the international economy development, with essential impact on all the social systems. Logistics is a sector undergoing deep innovation-driven change in the latest decades. It was information and communication technologies (ICT) that greatly contributed in the growth of the logistics market. These ICT-specific innovations allow connected logistics services to generate big scopes of data and diverse information that can be stored and analyzed with high accuracy. On account of this, market analysts believe that IoT is capable to trigger radical change the way of supply chains, and predict the average nearly 30 per cent annual increase of the global logistics market after 2020. This raises the importance of analyses of various dimensions of IoT technology impact on the expansion of the transport and logistics services market.
The definition of the notion “Internet of Things” is given, with emphasizing its significance for the modern economy. The IoT contributions in enhancing the market effectiveness of the transport and logistics services market are highlighted. Statistical data on the perspectives of IoT technology applications in transport and logistics services are analyzed, showing that transport logistics is an industry leader by IoT spending; essential advantages created by IoT in the transport and logistics services are highlighted. Cases of effective use of IoT at company level worldwide are given, to confirm that transport and logistics is one of the most promising sectors for implementation of IoT.
2. Xuan S., Zhang Y., Tang H., Chung I., Wang W., Yang W. (2019). Hierarchically Authorized Transactions for Massive Internet-of-Things Data Sharing Based on Multilayer Blockchain. Applied Sciences, 9, 5159. Retrieved from https://www.mdpi.com/2076-3417/9/23/5159/pdf
3. Baranov O. A. (2018). Internet rechei (IoT) i blokchein [Internet of Things (IoT) and blockchain]. Informatsiia i pravo – Information and law, 1, 59–71 [in Ukrainian].
4. Ivanchenko N. O., Lysenko I. O. (2018). Vprovadzhennia korporatyvnykh rishen na osnovi kontseptsii “Internet rechei” [Introducing corporate decisions on the basis of Internet of Things]. Naukovyi visnyk Uzhhorodskoho natsionalnoho universytetu. Seriia: Mizhnarodni ekonomichni vidnosyny ta svitove hospodarstvo – Scientific bulletin of Uzhhorod National University. Series: International economic relations and world economy, 19(1), 161–164 [in Ukrainian].
5. Krainiuchenko O. F., Yefisko Yu. Yu. (2019). Mozhlyvosti ta peredumovy vykorystannia Internetu rechei na ukrainskykh pidpryiemstvakh [Opportunities and prerequisites for the use of the Internet of Things to the Ukrainian enterprises]. Naukovyi visnyk Mizhnarodnoho humanitarnoho universytetu. Seriia: Ekonomika i menedzhment – International Humanitarian University Bulletin. Series: Economics and Management, 35, 160–164 [in Ukrainian].
6. What is the Internet of Things? What IoT means and how it works. Retrieved from https://www.businessinsider.com/internet-of-things-definition
7. The New IoT-Powered Supply Chain: How Smart Logistics Tracking is Creating a Leaner, More Agile Global Economy. Retrieved from https://www.sigfox.com/en/new-iot-powered-supply-chain-how-smart-logistics-tracking-creating-leaner-more-agile-global-economy
8. Delivering the goods: 8 examples of IoT transforming supply chain. Retrieved from https://internetofbusiness.com/8-real-life-examples-iot-supply-chain/
9. Connected car and IoT automotive cloud services. Retrieved from https://www.kaaproject.org/automotive
10. Pirelli Launches a Beautiful and Intelligent Tyre at the Geneva Motor Show, Which Interacts with Its Driver. Retrieved from https://www.pirelli.com/corporate/en/press/2017/03/07/pirelli-launches-a-beautiful-and-intelligent-tyre-at-the-geneva-motor-show-which-interacts-with-its-driver
11. How IoT is Driving the Connected Logistics Market. Retrieved from https://blog.technavio.com/blog/how-iot-driving-connected-logistics-market
12. Internet of Things endpoint spending worldwide by category from 2014 to 2020 (in billion U.S. dollars). Statista. Retrieved from https://www.statista.com/statistics/485252/iot-endpoint-spending-by-category-worldwide
13. Spending on Internet of Things worldwide by vertical in 2015 and 2020 (in billion U.S. dollars). Statista. Retrieved from https://www.statista.com/statistics/666864/iot-spending-by-vertical-worldwide
14. Internet veshchey, IoT, M2M (mirovoy rynok) [Internet of Things, IoT, M2M (global market)]. Retrieved from http://www.tadviser.ru/index.php /Статья:Интернет_вещей,_IoT,_M2M_(мировой_рынок) [in Russian].
15. Internet of Things Market Analysis: 20+ Statistics on the IoT Opportunity. Retrieved from http://www.ironpaper.com/webintel/articles/internet-of-things-market-analysis-statistics-on-the-iot-opportunity
16. How the IoT is Improving Transportation and Logistics. Retrieved from https://ardas-it.com/how-the-iot-is-improving-transportation-and-logistics
17. How Telecom Giants AT&T And T-Mobile Are Using Blockchain. Retrieved from https://www.forbes.com/sites/benjaminpirus/2019/06/13/how-telecom-giants-att-and-t-mobile-are-using-blockchain/#1bc9e6df6db0
18. Internet of Things in Logistics. A collaborative report by DHL and Cisco on implications and use cases for the logistics industry. Retrieved from https://discover.dhl.com/content/dam/dhl/downloads/interim/full/dhl-trend-report-internet-of-things.pdf.
Abstract views: 490 PDF Downloads: 619
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.