Big Data of Source of Statistical Information: On the Example of the Book Publishing Industry
The article’s objective is to review domestic and foreign sources related with big data, in order to determine the potentials for their practical applications at industry level, with emphasis on book publishing. The main components of big data are highlighted, which form the reference model for big data management. An all-purpose model for big data processing is constructed by use of the analyzed information sources. A brief review of Hadoop big data analysis program is carried out. Applications of big data to improve business processes are analyzed with reference to renowned international companies, Internet platforms engaged in electronic commerce, and social networks. A brief review of Ukrainian cases of successful electronic commerce is made. As regards big data applications in book publishing, reference is made to the practices of Jellybooks company. The algorithm of big data collection by use of electronic book is constructed and illustrated. It is concluded that any industry is capable to adapt the successful practices of electronic commerce leaders after leaning them. As far as book publishing is concerned, a well-organized system for on-line data collection will open up opportunities for quick production of statistical information, extension of the range of statistical data, monitoring of the current book publishing performance and prediction of its future developments.
2. Big Data. Gartner IT Glossary. Retrieved from https://www.gartner.com/it-glossary/big-data/
3. Vasiechko O. O. (2014). Suchasni vyklyky statystychnoi vyshchoi osvity i nauky [Modern challenges to the statistical higher education and science]. Statystyka Ukrainy – Statistics of Ukraine, 4, 4–10 [in Ukrainian].
4. Zhuravlov O. V. (2017). Implementatsiia kontseptsii “velykykh danykh” u derzhavnu statystyku [Implementing the concept of “big data” in the official statistics]. Naukovyi visnyk Natsionalnoi akademii statystyky, obliku ta audytu – Scientific bulletin of National Academy of Statistics, Accounting and Audit, 3, 7–15 [in Ukrainian].
5. Korepanov O. S. (2018). Metodolohichni zasady statystychnoho zabezpechennia upravlinnia rozvytkom “rozumnykh” stalykh mist v Ukraini [The methodological framework for statistical support to management of the “smart” sustainable cities development in Ukraine]. Kyiv: Publishing house “Inform.-analit. ahentstvo”, p. 95 [in Ukrainian].
6. Osaulenko O. H. (2017). Ofitsiina statystyka v systemi natsionalnoi informatsiinoi bezpeky [The Official statistics in the national information security system]. Kyiv: “Avhust Treid” Ltd, p. 295 [in Ukrainian].
7. Sariohlo V. H. (2016). “Velyki dani” yak dzherelo informatsii ta instrumentarii dlia ofitsiinoi statystyky: potentsial, problemy, perspektyvy [“Big data” as a source for information and a tool for the official statistics: potentials, problems, prospects]. Statystyka Ukrainy – Statistics of Ukraine, 4, 12–19 [in Ukrainian].
8. Jain V. K. Big Data and Hadoop. Khanna Publishing, 2017. Retrieved from https://books.google.com.ua/books?id=i6NODQAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&hl=ru&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false
9. Kaufmann M. (2016). Towards a reference model for big data management. Research report, Faculty of Mathematics and Computer
Science, University of Hagen, retrieved July 15, 2016. Retrieved from https://ub-deposit.fernuni-hagen.de/receive/mir_mods_00000583
10. Wikipedia. Apache Hadoop. Retrieved from https://uk.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Hadoop
11. Bernard Marr & Co. Amazon: Using Big Data to understand customers. Retrieved from https://www.bernardmarr.com/default.asp?contentID=712
12. Hill K. How Target Figured Out A Teen Girl Was Pregnant Before Her Father Did. Forbes. February 16, 2012. Retrieved from https://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2012/02/16/how-target-figured-out-a-teen-girl-was-pregnant-before-her-father-did/
13. Jellybooks. Retrieved from https://www.jellybooks.com/
Abstract views: 308 PDF Downloads: 325