The Conceptual Framework for Public Sector Entities’ Managerial Accounting
In order to ensure the realization of the principles of public policy for the modernization of the budget process and accounting system, the urgent task today is to develop conceptual bases for the implementation of management accounting for public sector entities that cannot be successfully and effectively applied without building a theoretical and methodological basis. Taking into account the purpose, objectives and goals of activities of the administrators of budget funds at different levels of management, the author’s position is proposed to determine the management accounting for each of them. This made it possible to assert that for the main administrators of budget funds the management accounting is aimed at fulfilling the functions of national importance, and for the lower level administrators of budget funds – to fulfill the statutory mission and to ensure a competitive position in the public services market. Studies of scientific and methodological approaches to the definition of the subject, objects, function, tasks and principles of management accounting allowed to make proposals for the specification of the subject, systematization of objects, expanding the list of existing functions, tasks and principles of management accounting, taking into account modern requirements for informative provision of economic information the processes of activity of public sector entities and the level of their participation in the budget process. The results of the conducted research will contribute to the continuation of the formation of the basic provisions of the national accounting system, taking into account the current needs of the information management space and the peculiarities of activities and status of administrators of budget funds.
2. Levytska S. O., Sych D. M. (2017). Evoliutsiia stanovlennia upravlinskoho obliku ta yoho mistse v systemi korporatyvnoho upravlinnia [Evolution of the formation of management accounting and its place in the corporate governance system]. Naukovi zapysky Natsionalnoho universytetu «Ostrozka akademiia» – Scientific notes of the Ostroh Academy National University, 4(32), 218–221 [in Ukrainian].
3. Levytska S. O., Sych D. M. (2018). Upravlinskyi oblik dlia tsentriv vidpovidalnosti “vytraty” [Management accounting for cost centers]. Visnyk Zhytomyrskoho derzhavnoho tekhnolohichnoho universytetu. Seriia: ekonomika, upravlinnia ta administruvannia – Bulletin of Zhytomyr State Technological University. Series: Economics, Management and Administration, 3(85), 13–20. Retrieved from http://ven.ztu.edu.ua/article/view/143984/141894 [in Ukrainian].
4. Parasii-Verhunenko I. M. (2019). Kontseptualni zasady pobudovy systemy upravlinskoho obliku za tsentramy vidpovidalnosti v zakladakh vyshchoi osvity [Conceptual foundations of building a system of management accounting for the centers of responsibility in higher education institutions]. Finansy Ukrainy – Finance of Ukraine, 6, 70–80 [in Ukrainian].
5. Pihosh V. (2012). Formuvannia systemy upravlinskoho obliku v derzhavnykh vyshchykh navchalnykh zakladakh [Formation of management accounting system in state higher educational establishments]. Sotsialno-ekonomichni problemy i derzhava – Socio-economic problems and the state, 2(7), 170–179. Retrieved from http://sepd.tntu.edu.ua/images/stories/pdf/2012/12pvavnz.pdf [in Ukrainian].
6. Svirko S. V. (2012). Kontseptualizatsiia upravlinskoho obliku v biudzhetnykh ustanovakh Ukrainy [Conceptualization of management accounting in budgetary institutions of Ukraine]. Vcheni zapysky: zbirnyk naukovykh prats – Scientific notes: collection of scientific works. Kyiv: Kyiv National Economic University, issue 14, part 2, 167–173 [in Ukrainian].
7. Svirko S. V. (2014). Orhanizatsiia upravlinskoho obliku v biudzhetnykh ustanovakh: etap postanovky ta yoho skladovi [Organization of management accounting in budgetary institutions: stage of production and its components]. Finansy, oblik i audyt – Finance, accounting and auditing, 2(24), 235–250 [in Ukrainian].
8. Svirko S. V., Trosteniuk T. M. (2019). Funktsii, zavdannia, elementy ta pryntsypy upravlinskoho obliku v derzhavnykh zakladakh vyshchoi osvity [Functions, tasks, elements and principles of management accounting in public institutions of higher education]. Ekonomika ta derzhava – Economy and the state, 2, 41–46 [in Ukrainian].
9. Cherkashyna T. V. (2016). Novi pidkhody shchodo efektyvnoho funktsionuvannia systemy upravlinskoho obliku u derzhavnomu sektori [New approaches to the effective functioning of the public accounting management system]. Proceedings from: IV Mizhnarodna naukovo-praktychna konferentsiia “Perspektyvy rozvytku obliku, kontroliu i analizu v konteksti yevrointehratsii” – IV International Scientific-Practical Conference “Prospects for Accounting, Control and Analysis Development in the Context of European Integration” (рр. 258–260). Odesa [in Ukrainian].
10. Atrill Peter, McLaney Eddie (2011). Accounting and finance for non-specialists, 7th ed., Printed by Ashford Colour Press Ltd., Gosport.
11. Drury K. (1998). Vvedenye v upravlencheskyi y proyzvodstvennыi uchet [Introduction to management and production accounting]. Trans. from English. 3rd ed., revised and add., Moscow: Audit, UNITY [in Russian].
12. Anthony R., Rys. J. (1993). Uchot: situatsii i primery [Accounting: situations and examples]. Moscow: Finance and Statistics [in Russian].
13. Atkynson Е. A., Banker R. D., Kaplan R. S., Yanh M. S. (2005). Upravlencheskyi uchet – Management accounting. Transl. from English, 3rd ed., Moscow: Williams [in Russian].
14. Horngren C. T., Foster G. (2012). Cost accounting a managerial emphasis, 13th ed., Published by Pearson/Prentice Hall in Upper Saddle River, N.J.
15. Global management accounting principles. Effective management accounting: Improving decisions and building successful organizations. Retrieved from https://www.cgma.org/resources/reports/downloadabledocuments/global-management-accounting-principles.pdf [in English].
Abstract views: 305 PDF Downloads: 102
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.