Accounting Statements and Their Transformation
The necessity for studying the current performance of the accounting statements system, finding out its transformation trends and justifying the vectors for its further improvement are substantiated. The existing approaches to defining the trends in the development of accounting statements are investigated, and their critical analysis is made. The author’s classification of trends in the development of accounting statements are developed taking into account changes in user’s requests for the accounting information. The problems and disadvantages of the existing accounting systems (financial, managerial, and strategic) are identified and further directions and prospects for their development are highlighted. The attention is focused on further directions of the development of accounting systems, which will elevate the accounting science on a new level of quality and ensure compliance of the accounting theory with the requirements of modern accounting and management practices. The essential tendencies in the development of accounting statements, which are insufficiently explored, and the vectors for modernization of the accounting system, not well-grounded in terms of creating new types, formats and forms of accounting statements, are outlined. It is found that a general classification of trends in the development of accounting statements has not existed by now, which does not allow for creating a general picture of research issues in this area. Not only the current trends in the development of accounting statements, but their backgrounds and impact on building a general classification of trends in the development of financial statements are analyzed. It is concluded that building of a classification of trends in the development of accounting statements has an important theoretical and practical value for the further development of accounting, because it will allow for to deeper understanding of the essence of various phenomena involved in the development of accounting statements.
2. Legenchuk S. F. (2011). Mirovyie tendentsii razvitiya buhgalterskogo ucheta v usloviyah postindustrialnoy ekonomiki [World trends in accounting development in a post-industrial economy]. Mezhdunarodnyi buhgalterskyi uchet – International acconting, 8(158), 53–63 [in Russian].
3. Rozhnova O. V. (2013). Aktualnye problemy finansovoj otchetnosti [Vital problems of financial reporting]. Mezhdunarodnyi buhgalterskyi uchet – International accounting, 15, 2–8 [in Russian].
4. Soloveva O. V., Sorokina K. V. (2011). Analiz tendentsiy razvitiya zarubezhnoy korporativnoy otchetnosti [Analysis of trends in the development of foreign corporate reporting]. Audit i finansovyi analiz – Audit and financial analysis, 3, 232–239 [in Russian].
5. Makarenko I. O. (2017). Konverhentna model obliku korporatyvnoi zvitnosti ta audytu v umovah staloho rozvytku biznesu [The convergent model of regional corporate governance and audit in the conditions of sustainable business development]. Sumy: Vinnichenko M. D. [in Ukrainian].
6. Trofimova L. B. (2014). Metodologiya formirovaniya relevantnoy finansovoy otchetnosti v usloviyakh globalizatsii ekonomicheskikh protsessov [Methodology of formation of relevant financial statements in the context of globalization of economic processes]. Thesis for dr. econ. sci. Moscow [in Russian].
7. Rybyantseva M. S. (2004). Povysheniye sushchestvennosti informatsii finansovoy otchetnosti (na primere predpriyatiy Krasnodarskogo kraya) [Improving the materiality of financial reporting information (by case of enterprises in the Krasnodar Territory)]. Thesis for cand. ekon. sci. Krasnodar [in Russian].
8. Karelskaya S. N. (2009). Evolyutsiya bukhgalterskogo balansa [Evolution of the balance sheet]. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Sankt-Peterburg [in Russian].
9. Parushina N. V. (2007). Sistemnoye predstavleniye bukhgalterskoy otchetnosti [System presentation of financial statements] Thesis for dr. econ. sci. Moscow [in Russian].
10. Druzhilovskaya T. Ju. (2009). Garmonizatsiya finansovoy otchetnosti: teoriya i rossiyskaya praktika [Harmonization of financial statements: theory and Russian practice]. Thesis for dr. econ. sci. Nizhniy Novgorod, 2009 [in Russian].
11. Nefinansovaya otchetnost v Ukraine: kak, zachem, integrirovannaya otchetnost kak poslednyaya tendentsiya [Non-financial reporting in Ukraine: how, why, integrated reporting as a recent trend]. Retrieved from http://www.csr-review.net/index/nefinansovaya-otchetnost-v-ukraine-kak-zachem-integrirovannaya-otchetnost-kak-poslednyaya-tendentsiya.html. [in Russian].
12. Pozov A. X. (2013). Formuvannia vnutrishnogospodarskoyi (upravlinskoyi) zvitnosti promyslovyh pidpryyemstv [Formation of internal (managerial) reporting of industrial enterprises]. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
13. Fazulzyanova A. I. (2012). Perspektivy razvitiya buhgalterskogo ucheta i otchetnosti [Prospects for the development of accounting and reporting]. Molodoy uchenyi – Young scientist, 7, 131–134. [in Russian].
14. Kharlamova O. V. (2015) Finansova zvitnist za mizhnarodnymy standartamy: metodolohia formuvannia ta praktyka implementatsii v Ukraini [Financial reporting according to international standards: methodology of formation and implementation practice in Ukraine]. Harkiv: Lider [in Ukrainian].
15. Clark D., Buffett M. (2011). Warren Buffett and the Interpretation of Financial Statements: The Search for the Company with a Durable Competitive Advantage. London: Simon & Schuster Ltd.
16. Ittelson Th. (2009). Financial Statements: A Step-by-Step Guide to Understanding and Creating Financial Reports. New Jersey: Career Press.
17. Koryagin M. V. (2016) Problemy ta perspektyvy rozvytku bukhhalterskoi zvitnosti [Problems and prospects of accounting reporting]. Lviv: LKA [in Ukrainian].
Abstract views: 38 PDF Downloads: 34
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.