Diagnosing and Forecasting the Prospects for the Development of the Global Container Transportation Market
The main trend in the development of domestic and global transport is the rapid growth of container traffic, which meets the requirements of a market economy. They become an integral part of the national or international commodity distribution and warehouse system, which ensures the uninterrupted delivery of various products to the trading network and goods of industrial and technical purpose to industrial production. According to experts from many countries, such transportation should embody the freight transport service of the XXI century. The growing demand for container transportation in Ukraine and in the world by manufacturers and consumers of various types of products and services requires the search for effective technical, technological and organizational solutions.
A promising direction of container transportation is a unified system of container terminals (CT) created on the traffic routes of container-transportable cargoes. In addition, the problem of improving the quality of service due to the increased competition from other categories of transport is of particular importance.
In a market economy and industry restructuring, there is a need for a new approach to address these issues, which would allow for reducing the cost of container ports and increasing their attractiveness for users. The importance of addressing these issues for the container transport industry determines the importance of this study.
Topical problems of the current state and developments of the global market of container transportations are discussed. The largest container ports in the world are determined using the data on their throughput and the dynamics of the total capacity of container vessels in the maritime trade. The data on operation of the largest shipping companies in the world are analyzed. Index Baltic Dry is proposed for forecasting the global market of container transportations, which measures traffic volumes of bulk carriers; it is proposed to create support container terminals for the largest companies that would represent a single system of alliances rather than an isolated transport and logistics company.
2. Нікулін С. Г., Рощіна Н. В. Світові тенденції розвитку морських портів [Електронний ресурс] // Економіка: реалії часу. 2015. № 4(20). С. 148–154. URL: https://economics.opu.ua/files/archive/2015/No4/148-154.pdf
3. Capacity of container ships in seaborne trade from 1980 to 2017 (in million dwt) [Electronic resource] URL: https://www.statista.com/statistics/267603/capacity-of-container-ships-in-the-global-seaborne-trade/
4. The world’s leading container ship operators as of October 30, 2017, based on TEU capacity [Electronic resource]. URL: https://www.statista.com/statistics/198214/total-teus-of-worldwide-leading-container-ship-operators-in-2011/
5. Container technology market to grow 40% a year, analysts predict [Electronic resource]. URL: https://www.zdnet.com/article/container-market-keeps-growing/
6. Прогноз DHL по контейнерному рынку [Электронный ресурс]. URL: https://ports.com.ua/articles/prognoz-dhl-po-konteynernomu-rynku
7. Что ожидает рынок морских контейнерных перевозок в 2018 году [Электронный ресурс]. URL: https://www.telsgroup.ru/media_center/ tels_in_the_press/4121.html (01.06.2018)
8. Позитивные прогнозы для рынка контейнерных перевозок на 2018 год [Электронный ресурс]. URL: https://www.korabel.ru/news/comments/ pozitivnye_prognozy_dlya_rynka_konteynernyh_perevozok_na_2018_god.html
9. Splash247 Global Maritime and Shipping News [Electronic resource] URL: https://splash247.com/
1. Ranking of Container Ports of the World. Retrieved from https://www.mardep.gov.hk/en/publication/pdf/portstat_2_y_b5.pdf
2. Nikulin S. H., Roshchina N. V. (2015). Svitovi tendentsii rozvytku morskykh portiv [Global tendencies in the development of sea ports]. Ekonomika: realii chasu – The economy: realities of the time, 4(20), 148–154. Retrieved from https://economics.opu.ua/files/archive/2015/No4/148-154.pdf [in Ukrainian].
3. Capacity of container ships in seaborne trade from 1980 to 2017 (in million dwt). Retrieved from https://www.statista.com/statistics/267603/capacity-of-container-ships-in-the-global-seaborne-trade/
4. The world’s leading container ship operators as of October 30, 2017, based on TEU capacity. Retrieved from https://www.statista.com/statistics/198214/total-teus-of-worldwide-leading-container-ship-operators-in-2011/
5. Container technology market to grow 40% a year, analysts predict. Retrieved from https://www.zdnet.com/article/container-market-keeps-growing/
6. Prognoz DHL po konteynernomu rynku [DHL forecast for the container market] URL: https://ports.com.ua/articles/prognoz-dhl-po-konteynernomu-rynku
7. Chto ozhidaet ryinok morskih konteynernyih perevozok v 2018 godu [What can be expected for the market of maritime container shipping in 2018]. Retrieved from https://www.telsgroup.ru/media_center/ tels_in_the_press/4121.html (01.06.2018) [in Russian].
8. Pozitivnyie prognozyi dlya ryinka konteynernyih perevozok na 2018 god [Positive expectations for the market of container shipping for 2018]. URL: https://www.korabel.ru/news/comments/ pozitivnye_prognozy_dlya_rynka_konteynernyh_perevozok_na_2018_god.html [in Russian].
9. Splash247 Global Maritime and Shipping News Retrieved from URL: https://splash247.com/
Abstract views: 80 PDF Downloads: 134