Theoretical Conceptualization of Local Budgets
The transparence of budgets, corruption and control over the execution of local budgets in Ukraine has been increasingly in focus of international financial organizations in view of Eurointegration processes taking place in Ukraine. The significance of local budgets as a component of local finances has to be enhances, as the financial capacities of local self- governance bodies are conditional on local budgets. The article’s objective is to analyze theoretical grounds of local budgets as the principal component of local finances, and to build their conceptual framework. A review of the concepts “local finances” and “local budget” is made, the peculiarities of local finances are highlighted; the factors determining the impact of local finances on the socio-economic development of territories are outlined. The conceptual framework of local budgets is built, specifying their goal, functions and principles, administering bodies, objectives and purposes etc. in the conditions of decentralization. The review of interpretations of the local budget, including its economic meaning, allowed for giving the local budget definitions in the legal, material and economic dimension.
2. Bondaruk T. H. (2009). Mistseve samovriaduvannia ta yoho finansove zabezpechennia v Ukraini [Local self-governance and its financing]. Kyiv: Ekspres [in Ukrainian].
3. Ievdokimova M. O. (2014). Mistsevi finansy [Local finances]. Kharkiv [in Ukrainian].
4. Zhyber T. V. (2004). Biudzhetna terminolohiia yak osnova orhanizatsii biudzhetnoho protsesu [the budget terminology: a premise for organizing the budgetary process]. Finansy, oblik i audyt: zb. nauk. prats – Finance, accounting and audit: a collection of scientific works, 4, 79–85 [in Ukrainian].
5. Biudzhetnyi kodeks Ukrainy vid No 2456-VI 08.07.2010 [The Budget Code of Ukraine from 08.07.2010 No 2456-VI]. Retrieved from http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/ show/2456-17 [in Ukrainian].
6. Lutsenko O. M. (2017). Detsentralizatsiia upravlinnia yak forma pokrashchennia vzaiemozviazku biznesu i vlady: finansovo-ekonomichnyi aspect [Decentralization of governance as a way to improve interactions of business and government: the financial and economic aspect]. Naukovyi visnyk Mizhnarodnoho humanitarnoho universytetu – Scientific bulletin of the International Humanitarian University, 23, 158–162 [in Ukrainian].
7. Pro mistseve samovriaduvannia v Ukraini: Zakon Ukrainy vid 21 travnia 1997 roku [The local self-governance in Ukraine: the Law of Ukraine from 21 May 1997]. Retrieved from http://zakon5.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/280/97-vr
8. Riabushka L. B., Koilo V. V. (2013). Analitychna otsinka finansovoi spromozhnosti mistsevykh biudzhetiv u zabezpechenni sotsialno-ekonomichnoho rozvytku rehioniv [Analytical assessment of the financial capacity of local budgets in ensuring the socio-economic development in regions]. Biznes Inform – Business Inform, 11, 148–155 [in Ukrainian].
9. Oparin V. M. (1999). Finansy (Zahalna teoriia) [Finances (General theory)]. Kyiv: Kyiv National University of Economics [in Ukrainian].
10. Kravchenko V. I. (1999). Mistsevi finansy Ukrainy [Local finances of Ukraine]. K.: Znannia [in Ukrainian].
11. Vasylyk O. D., Pavliuk K. V. (2004). Biudzhetna systema Ukrainy [The budget system of Ukraine]. Kyiv: The Center of Educational Literature [in Ukrainian].
12. Suntsova O. O. (2005). Mistsevi finansy [Local finances]. K.: The Center of Educational Literature [in Ukrainian].
Abstract views: 181 PDF Downloads: 99
Copyright (c) 2018 Scientific Bulletin of the National Academy of Statistics, Accounting and Audit
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.