Using financial resources in budgetary institutions: advanced accounting techniques
Accounting techniques, methods and procedures set in the necessary sequence form the accounting process, and they are fixed in the accounting policy at companies, institutions and organizations. The volatility of the legal framework pertaining to accounting procedures and accounting methods causes the need for new scientific developments in this field and their applications in the accounting practices of business entities.
The article’s objective is to reveal the specifics involved in applications of existing ac- counting techniques for recording financial flows in government institutions, and to show the relationship between accounting principles and accounting methods. This objective is achieved by solving the following problems: to reveal the content of the accounting process and its technical components; to analyze the procedural-additive approach to substantiating the essence of accounting techniques; to describe accounting techniques used for recording of financial flows in government institutions; to systematize and compare Ukrainian studies on accounting principles and accounting techniques with analogous foreign studies, to find out the scopes of adaptation of the Ukrainian law to international standards of accounting and reporting.
The study shows that accounting techniques used in Ukraine differ from international ones where traditional accounting components have stronger analytical, statistical and econometric focus. From the comparative analysis it follows that the Ukrainian law over- looks international accounting principles of reliability and accuracy, imparity, clearness and intelligibility, relevance and uniqueness. However, these principles and techniques cannot be deemed fully applicable in the Ukrainian accounting practices unless they are scrutinized in view of the specifics involved in the Ukrainian law, economic process in Ukraine, information systems and technologies used in domestic practices of accounting.
The outlined specifics of the existing accounting techniques and relationships between accounting principles and accounting methods enable to propose the procedural-additive approach to accounting techniques used to record financial flows in government institutions, laying grounds for further improvements in the theoretical framework for accounting in government institutions.
2. Bukalo N. A. (2016). Inventaryzatsiia yak umova dlia skladannia finansovoi zvitnosti. Ekonomichnyi analiz [Inventory: a condition for making financial reporting]. V. A. Derii et al. (eds.). Ternopil: TNEU. Vol. 23. P. 167–173 [in Ukrainian].
3. Doroshenko O. O. (2016). Otsinka biudzhetnykh ustanov u metodolohii bukhhalterskoho obliku: suchasni pidkhody ta novatsii [Valuation of budgetary institutions in the accounting methodology]. Hlobalni ta natsionalni problemy ekonomiky – Global and national problems of economics, 9. 776–780 [in Ukrainian].
4. Ivakhiv Yu. O. (2011). Finansova zvitnist ta elementy metodu bukhhalterskoho obliku [Financial reporting and elements of the accounting method]. Investytsii: praktyka ta dosvid – Investment: practices and experiences, 16, 76–77 [in Ukrainian].
5. Ilchenko O. O. (2012). Teoretyko-metodolohichni aspekty provedennia inventaryzatsii [Theoretical and methodological aspects of invenstory]. Bukhhalterskyi oblik, analiz ta audyt: problemy teorii, metodolohii, orhanizatsii – Accounting, analysis and audit: problems of theory, methodology, organization, 2(9), 48–54 [in Ukrainian].
6. Kantsedal N. A. (2016). Adytyvnyi i protsedurnyi pidkhody yak sposoby piznannia v metodolohii naukovykh doslidzhen obliku [Aditive and procedural approach: the cognitive ways in the methodology of scientific studies of accounting]. Oblik i finansy – Accounting and finance, 1(71), 27–31 [in Ukrainian].
7. Karpenko N. H. (2013). Zavdannia ta poriadok vidobrazhennia v obliku vydatkiv biudzhetnykh ustanov [Recording of expenditures in budgetary institutions: the objectives and procedures]. Naukovi pratsi PDAA. – Scientific works of Poltava State Agrarian Academy, 3(2). 78–83 [in Ukrainian].
8. Koriahin M. V. (2013). Udoskonalennia metodolohii bukhhalterskoho obliku [Improving the methodology of accounting]. Visnyk Lvivskoi komertsiinoi akademii – Bulletin of Lviv Commercial Academy, 43, 107–113 [in Ukrainian].
9. Kuznetsova S. A. (2015). Orhanizatsiia bukhhalterskoho obliku za stadiiamy oblikovoho protsesu [Organization of accounting by phase of accounting process]. Yevropeiskyi vektor ekonomichnoho rozvytku – The European vector of economic development, 2, 107–118 [ in Ukrainian].
10. Nord H. L. (2011). Osoblyvosti finansuvannia ta kaznacheiskoho obsluhovuvannia biudzhetnykh ustanov na prykladi VNZ [Perculiarities of financing and treasury services of budgetary institutions by case of HEEs]. Naukovi pratsi – Scientific works, 149 (161), 61–66 [in Ukrainian].
11. Osmiatchenko V. O. (2013). Elektronne dokumentuvannia u bukhhalterskomu obliku [Electronic documenting in accounting]. Visnyk Kyivskoho natsionalnoho torhovelno-ekonomichnoho universytetu – Bulletin of National University of Trade and Economics, 2, 98–108 [in Ukrainian].
12. Skrypnyk M. I. (2012). Elementy metodu bukhhalterskoho obliku yak skladovi systemy bukhhalterskoho obliku: naukovi dyskusii ta protyrichchia [Elements of the accounting method: the components of the accounting system]. Bukhhalterskyi oblik, analiz ta audyt: problemy teorii, metodolohii, orhanizatsii – Accounting, analysis and audit: problems of theory, methodology, organization, 2(9), 197–204 [in Ukrainian].
13. Tychuk T. O. (2015). Mistse ta rol otsinky yak elementu metodu bukhhalterskoho obliku za riznymy stadiiamy oblikovoho tsyklu pidpryiemstva [The place and role of valuation as an element in the method of accounting by phase of accounting cycle in an enterprise]. Molodyi vchenyi – Young scientist, 5(2), 101–104 [in Ukrainian].
14. Iurchenko O. B. (2013). Orhanizatsiia obliku vydatkiv biudzhetnykh ustanov za novoiu ekonomichnoiu klasyfikatsiieiu ta yikh vidobrazhennia u zvitnosti [Organization of the accounting of expenditures in budgetary institutions by the new economic classification and their recording in reports]. Naukovyi visnyk NLTU Ukrainy – Scientific Bulletin of Ukrainian National Forestry University, 23.15, 283–289 [in Ukrainian].
15. Iatsunska O. S. (2013). Sutnist otsinky yak elementa metoda bukhhalterskoho obliku: suchasni pidkhody do tlumachennia [The essence of valuation as an element in the accounting method: modern approaches to the interpretation]. Visnyk sotsialno-ekonomichnykh doslidzhen – Bulletin of Social and Economic Studies, 4, 381–386 [in Ukrainian].
16. Pro bukhhalterskyi oblik ta finansovu zvitnist v Ukraini: zakon Ukrainy vid 16.07.1999 r. № 996-XIV [Accounting and financial reporting in Ukraine: the law of Ukraine from 16.07.1999 No 996-XIV]. URL: http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/996-14 [in Ukrainian].
17. Pro vnesennia zmin do Zakonu Ukrainy “Pro bukhhalterskyi oblik ta finansovu zvitnist v Ukraini” shchodo udoskonalennia deiakykh polozhen: zakon Ukrainy vid 05.10.2017 r. № 2164-19 [Amendments to the Law of Ukraine “Accounting and financial reporting in Ukraine”, for the improvement of some provisions: the law of Ukraine from 05.10.2017 No 2164-19]. URL: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2164-19 [in Ukrainian].
18. Plan rakhunkiv bukhhalterskoho obliku v derzhavnomu sektori, zatverdzhenyi nakazom Minfinu vid 31.12.2013 r. № 1203 [The plan of accounting in the public sector, approved by the decree of the Ministry of Finance from 31.12.2013 No 1203]. URL: http://zakon2. rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0161-14 [in Ukrainian].
19. Haponenko L. V. (2017). Novyi Plan rakhunkiv: perenosymo zalyshky [The new plan of accounts: carrying-over the balances]. Biudzhetna bukhhalteriia – Budget accounting. URL: https://buhgalter.com.ua/articles/buhgalterskiy-oblik/noviy-plan-rahunkiv- perenosimo-zalishki/
Abstract views: 193 PDF Downloads: 179
Copyright (c) 2018 Scientific Bulletin of the National Academy of Statistics, Accounting and Audit
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.