Sustainable development reports of agricultural enterprises:the methodological framework for accounting and analytical support
The research problem of accounting and analytical support for the formation of sustainable development reports by agricultural enterprises is characterized by many important aspects related specifically to accounting, analysis, reporting and standardization. In addition, there is a need to develop a methodological framework for reporting on sustainable development in agricultural sector despite previous fundamental research and synthesis of previous aspects of sustainable development reporting.
The purpose of the article is to generalize the theoretical aspects and develop a methodological framework for accounting and analytical support for the formation of sustainable development reports by agricultural enterprises.
The global trend in reporting on corporate responsibility by agricultural enterprises is analyzed in the article. It is established that agricultural enterprises in Eurasia and South America were the largest producers of non-financial reports in 2016, which can be explained by the concentration of agriculture in these regions. Of the Ukrainian agricultural enterprises, non-financial reports have been prepared by only three agroconcerns. The main reasons discouraging Ukrainian agricultural producers from making and releasing sustainable development reports are highlighted. Using the hermeneutic method to analyze the sustainable development reporting definition and its alternatives, three options of sustainable development reports of an enterprise are proposed: a report on sustainable development; an alternative report; and an expanded financial report.
A matrix for assessing the level of accounting and analytical support for sustainable development of agricultural enterprises has been developed, illustrating the impact of ten sustainable development aspects (strong, essential, insignificant, none) on the accounting and analytical support for the process of generating financial results and their recording in sustainable development reports. A decision tree is built for selecting the options of sustainable development reporting by size of agricultural enterprise, its self-identification and awareness of the impact on the eco-social environment.
2. Nefinansova zvitnist za standartom GRI u sviti ta Ukraini. Ofitsiinyi sait kompanii Baker Tilly [Non-financial reporting by GRI standard in the world and in Ukraine]. Retrieved from http://www.bakertilly.ua/news/id1129. (Data zvernennia 03.12.2017) [in Ukrainian].
3. Korol S. (2011). Nefinansova zvitnist pidpryiemstva [Non-financial reporting of an enterprise]. Visnyk Kyivskoho natsionalnoho torhovelno-ekonomichnoho universytetu – Bulletin of Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics, 6, 102–113 [in Ukrainian].
4. Global Reporting Initiative. Retrieved from http://database.globalreporting.org/ (Date of access 04.12.2017) [in Ukrainain].
5. Svirko S. V., Baryshnikova O. M. (2015). Zvitnist staloho rozvytku yak zasib vidobrazhennia stanu ekonomiko-ekolohichnoi bezpeky pidpryiemstva [Sustainable development reporting: a means for recording the economic and ecological safety of an enterprise]. Problemy teorii ta metodolohii bukhhalterskoho obliku, kontroliu i analizu – Problems of theory and methodology of accounting, control and analysis, 3(33), 309–325 [in Ukrainian].
6. Romanenko O. A., Komirna O. V. (2017). Analiz intehrovanoi zvitnosti u zabezpechenni staloho rozvytku suspilstva [Analysis of integrated reporting: a means to ensure the sustainable development of the society]. Hlobalni ta natsionalni problemy ekonomiky. Elektronne naukove fakhove vydannia – Global and national problems of economics. An electronic professional journal, 17, 880–887 [in Ukrainian].
7. Matskiv R. T. (2015). Nefinansova zvitnist – skladova upravlinnia sotsialnoiu vidpovidalnistiu pidpryiemstv naftohazovoho kompleksu [Non-financial reporting – a component in the social responsibility management of the oil and gas complex]. Efektyvna ekonomika – The effective economy, 3. Retrieved from http://www.economy.nayka.com. ua/?op=1&z=3926 (Date of access 04.12.2017) [in Ukrainian].
8. Kolot A. M. (2013). Korporatyvna sotsialna vidpovidalnist: evoliutsiia ta rozvytok teoretychnykh pohliadiv [The corporate social responsibility: evolution and development of theoretical views]. Ekonomichna teoriia – Economic theory, 4, 5–26 [in Ukrainian].
9. Hrytsenko O. I. (2014). Tendentsii ta problemy formuvannia intehrovanoi zvitnosti subiektamy hospodariuvannia [Forming the integrated reporting by business entities: tendencies and problems]. Molodyi vchenyi – Young scientist, 2(05), 31–34 [in Ukrainian].
10. Dovha T. (2012). Formuvannia ekolohichnoi zvitnosti smittiepererobnykh pidpryiemstv [Forming the ecological reporting by waste recycling enterprises]. Visnyk KNU imeni Tarasa Shevchenka – Bulletin of Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University, 143, 50–53 [in Ukrainian].
11. Vorobei V., Zhurovska I. (2010). Nefinansova zvitnist: instrument sotsialno vidpovidalnoho biznesu [Non-financial reporting: an instrument for socially responsible business]. Kyiv: UN Office in Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
12. Synhaivska A. M. (2013). Korporatyvna sotsialna vidpovidalnist: opornyi konspekt [The corporate social responsibility: a compendium]. Kyiv: Kyiv University of Market Relations [in Ukrainian].
13. Khamidova O. M., Khamidova A. Sh. (2010). Skladannia sotsialnoi zvitnosti yak vazhlyvyi etap realizatsii sotsialno-vidpovidalnoho marketynhu pidpryiemstva haluzi mineralnykh dobryv [Making up social reporting: an important phase in implementing socially responsible marketing of an enterprise in the mineral fertilizers industry]. Ekonomika Kryma – The economy of Crimea, 2(31), 222–226 [in Ukrainian].
14. Lazorenko O., Kolyshko R. et al. (2008). Posibnyk iz KSV. Bazova informatsiia z korporatyvnoi sotsialnoi vidpovidalnosti [Manual on KSV. Essentials on the corporate social responsibility]. Kyiv: Vydavnytstvo “Enerhiia” [in Ukrainian].
15. Zakon Ukrainy “Pro vnesennia zmin do Zakonu Ukrainy “Pro bukhhalterskyi oblik ta finansovu zvitnist v Ukraini” shchodo udoskonalennia deiakykh polozhen” vid 5 zhovtnia 2017 roku № 2164-VIII [The Law of Ukraine “Amendments to the Law of Ukraine ‘Accounting and financial reporting in Ukraine’, to improve some provisions” from 5 October 2017 No 2164-VIII]. Vidomosti Verkhovnoi Rady – Bulletin of the Verkhovna Rada, 2017, No 44, art. 397 [in Ukrainian].
16. EY: kompanii ryzykuiut vtratyty investytsii cherez vidsutnist nefinansovoi informatsii [EY: companies risk losing investment due to the absence of non-financial information]. Retrieved from http://csr-ukraine.org/news/ey-kompanii-ryzykuiut-vtratyty-investy/. Zaholovok z ekranu. (Date of access: 05.12.2017) [in Ukrainian].
17. WBCSD. The Business Case for Sustainable Development: Making a Difference towards the Earth Summit 2002 and Beyond (2002). Corporate Environmental Strategy, 9(3), 226–235.
18. Buried Treasure. Uncovering the business case for corporate sustainability. First Edition. SustainAbility. 2001.
Abstract views: 165 PDF Downloads: 176
Copyright (c) 2018 Scientific Bulletin of the National Academy of Statistics, Accounting and Audit
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.