Statistical assessment of the structure of agricultural activities at enterprises: the effects of zoning
The article contains results of a statistical assessment of the agricultural output in Ukraine by subsector (plant-growing, animal husbandry) and natural-economic zone (Steppe, Forest- Steppe, Woodlands) for 2016, and its change over 2012–2016. It shows that the largest share of agricultural output is produced by plant-growing subsector (72.7% of the total output), meaning that the Ukrainian agricultural sector is dominated by plant-growing, with a minor significance of animal husbandry. When assessed by natural-economic zone, the structure of agricultural output shows the prevalence of Forest-Steppe zone (with 41.0 percent in the total agricultural area) and ineffectiveness Steppe zone (with 45.3 percent): the agricultural enterprises located in Forest-Steppe zone accounted for 52.0% of the total agricultural output, nearly half of the plant-growing output and 61.2% of the animal husbandry output. An analysis of time series on the agricultural output produced by agricultural enterprises shows the overall positive trend in the agricultural output over 2012–2016, which grew in this period by 28.3%. Part of the assessment are calculations of average agricultural output in 2012–2016, average absolute change in the agricultural output in 2012–2016, average annual ratio of growth in the agricultural output (106.43%) in 2012–2016, the average an- nual rate of growth in the output, produced by agricultural enterprises in Ukraine (6.43%) in 2012–2016.
2. Stepanenko S. M., Polovyi A. M., Shkolnyi Ye. P. et al. (2011). Otsinka vplyvu klimatychnykh zmin na haluzi ekonomiky Ukrainy [Assessment of the impact of climatic change on the industries of the Ukrainian economy]. Odesa: Ekolohiia [in Ukrainian].
3. Tatariko O. H., Ilienko T. V., Kuchma T. L. (2013). Formuvannia ekolohichno stiikykh ahrolandshaftiv v umovakh zmin klimatu [Formation of ecologically stable agro- landscapes in the conditions of climate change]. Ahroekolohichnyi zhurnal – Agro-ecological journal, 4. 13–20 [in Ukrainian].
4. Yu. O. Lupenko et al. (eds.) (2012). Stratehichni napriamy rozvytku silskoho hospodarstva Ukrainy na period do 2020 roku [Strategic areas of the agriculture development in Ukraine till the year of 2020]. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
5. Demianiuk O. S. (2015). Prodovolcha bezpeka Ukrainy v konteksti zmin klimatu [Food safety of Ukraine in the context of climate change]. Ahroekolohichnyi zhurnal, 24. 14–21 [in Ukrainian].
6. Statystychnyi shchorichnyk Ukrainy za 2016 rik [Statistical yearbook of Ukraine for 2016]. Retrieved from http://ukrstat.gov.ua/ Title from the screen [in Ukrainian].
7. Silske hospodarstvo Ukrainy u 2016 rotsi [Agriculture in Ukraine in 2016]. Retrieved from http://ukrstat.gov.ua/ Title from the screen [in Ukrainian].
8. Produktsiia silskoho hospodarstva za 2016 rik: stat. biul [Agricultural production in 2016: statistical bulletin]. State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Kyiv: “Inform.-analit.agency”, 2017 [in Ukrainian].
9. Naukovi osnovy ahropromyslovoho vyrobnytstva v zoni Polissia ta zakhidnoho rehionu Ukrainy [Scientific grounds for agroindustrial production in the zone of Woodlands and the Western region of Ukraine]. Kyiv: Urozhai, 2004 [in Ukrainian].
10. Silske hospodarstvo Ukrainy u 2014 rotsi [Agriculture in Ukraine in 2014]. Retrieved from http://ukrstat.gov.ua/ Title from the screen [in Ukrainian].
Abstract views: 178 PDF Downloads: 100
Copyright (c) 2018 Scientific Bulletin of the National Academy of Statistics, Accounting and Audit
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.